Day-Date 40Oyster, 40 mm, yellow gold and diamonds
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in 18 ct yellow gold, with a diamond-paved dial, diamond-set bezel and a President bracelet.
Its dial features 10 baguette-cut diamonds. The Day-Date was the first watch to indicate the day of the week spelt out in full when it was first presented in 1956.
A sparkling symphony
The diamond-paved dials are a sparkling symphony to enhance the watch and enchant the wearer. Gem-setters finely carve the precious metal to hand-shape the seat in which each gemstone will be perfectly lodged.
Besides the intrinsic quality of the stones, several other criteria contribute to the beauty of Rolex gem-setting: the precise alignment of the height of the gems, their orientation and position, the regularity, strength and proportions of the setting as well as the intricate finishing of the metalwork.
- Model Case
- Oyster, 40 mm, yellow gold and diamonds
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 40 mm
- 18 ct yellow gold
- Set with diamonds
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3255, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands. Instantaneous day and date in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 70 hours
- President, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- 18 ct yellow gold
- Concealed folding Crownclasp
- Gem setting
- Diamond-paved dial with 10 baguette-cut diamonds
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
How to Set your
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 is the ultimate watch of prestige. Learn more about this model and how to set the time, date and day by watching the video.