The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in Platinum with an ice-blue dial, smooth bezel and a President bracelet.
The Day-Date was the first watch to indicate the day of the week spelt out in full when it was first presented in 1956.
Ice Blue Dial
An exclusive signature
The ice blue dial is the discreet and exclusive signature of a Rolex platinum watch. Rolex uses platinum, the noblest of metal, for the finest of watches.
- Model Case
- Oyster, 40 mm, platinum
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 40 mm
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3255, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands Instantaneous day and date in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 70 hours
- President, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- Concealed folding Crownclasp
- Ice blue
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
How to Set your
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 is the ultimate watch of prestige. Learn more about this model and how to set the time, date and day by watching the video.
Contact an Official Rolex Retailer
The Rolex Collection features both Classic and Professional watches available in a variety of materials, dials, bracelets and sizes to suit all wrists and styles.