Day-Date 36Oyster, 36 mm, platinum and diamonds
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 36 in Platinum with a white dial, diamond-set bezel and a President bracelet.
The Day-Date was the first watch to indicate the day of the week spelt out in full when it was first presented in 1956.
A sparkling symphony
Gem-setters, like sculptors, finely carve the precious metal to hand-shape the seat in which each gemstone will be perfectly lodged. With the art and craft of a jeweller, the stone is placed and meticulously aligned with the others, then firmly secured in its gold or platinum setting.
Besides the intrinsic quality of the stones, several other criteria contribute to the beauty of Rolex gem-setting: the precise alignment of the height of the gems, their orientation and position, the regularity, strength and proportions of the setting as well as the intricate finishing of the metalwork. A sparkling symphony to enhance the watch and enchant the wearer.
- Model Case
- Oyster, 36 mm, platinum and diamonds
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 36 mm
- Set with diamonds
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3255, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands. Instantaneous day and date in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 70 hours
- President, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- Concealed folding Crownclasp
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)