Day-Date 36Oyster, 36 mm, platinum
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 36 in Platinum with a white dial, Fluted bezel and a President bracelet.
The Day-Date was the first watch to indicate the day of the week spelt out in full when it was first presented in 1956.
The Fluted Bezel
A Rolex signature
The Rolex fluted bezel is a mark of distinction. Originally, the fluting of the Oyster bezel had a functional purpose: it served to screw the bezel onto the case helping to ensure the waterproofness of the watch.
It was therefore identical to the fluting on the case back, which was also screwed onto the case for waterproofness, using specific Rolex tools. Over time, the fluting became an aesthetic element, a genuine Rolex signature feature. Today the fluted bezel is a mark of distinction, in platinum on this Day-Date 36.
- Model Case
- Oyster, 36 mm, platinum
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 36 mm
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3255, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands. Instantaneous day and date in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 70 hours
- President, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- Concealed folding Crownclasp
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)