Cosmograph DaytonaOyster, 40 mm, Everose gold
This Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona in 18 kt Everose gold, with a sundust, diamond-set dial and an Oyster bracelet, features 18 kt Everose gold bezel with engraved tachymetric scale.
This chronograph was designed to be the ultimate timing tool for endurance racing drivers. More than 50 years after its creation, the Cosmograph Daytona remains in a class of its own among sport chronographs and continues to transcend time.
A watchmaking technique
The sunray finish creates delicate light reflections on many dials in the Oyster Perpetual collection. It is obtained using masterful brushing techniques that create grooves running outwards from the centre of the dial.
Light is diffused consistently along each engraving, creating a characteristic subtle glow that moves depending on the position of the wrist. Once the sunray finish has been completed, the dial colour is applied using Physical Vapour Deposition or electroplating. A light coat of varnish gives the dial its final look.
More Cosmograph Daytona
- Model Case
- Oyster, 40 mm, Everose gold
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 40 mm
- 18 kt Everose gold
- Fixed, with engraved tachymetric scale, in 18 kt Everose gold
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- 4130, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands, small seconds hand at 6 o'clock. Chronograph (centre hand) accurate to within 1/8 of a second, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock and 12-hour counter at 9 o'clock. Stop seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 72 hours
- Oyster, flat three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- 18 kt Everose gold
- Folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Sundust set with diamonds
- Gem setting
- 8 baguette-cut diamond-set hour markers, 3 diamond-set hour markers at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
- Dial with snailed small counters
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
How to Set your
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.