Charting Its Course
Style of the Yacht-Master II
The Yacht-Master II’s bold and distinguished marine character is firmly in line with the spirit of the Oyster Professional watches. The regatta chronograph’s clear display epitomises Rolex's constant attention to detail.
Its red-contoured countdown arrow and the seconds hand are readable at a glance against the dedicated 10‑minute countdown graduation on the dial and the graduations on the bezel.
Function of the Yacht-Master II
As in any contest of speed, precision is of the essence in a regatta. The Yacht-Master II features an unprecedented mechanical function: a countdown that can be programmed from 1 to 10 minutes and allows skippers to precisely time and follow each race’s official starting procedure.
This flexibility is one the major assets of the Yacht-Master II; its development was a considerable technological challenge. The programming can be mechanically memorised. Furthermore, once the watch’s countdown is launched, it can be synchronised on the fly to match changes in the official race countdown.
MAXI YACHT ROLEX CUP
Spirit of the Yacht-Master II
Yachting has an elegance that the sport’s harsh conditions cannot obscure. Along the Sardinian coastline, commanding yachts cut through the Mediterranean with agility and apparent ease. But the idyllic scene belies the competitiveness, for this is an event where the crews are determined to win.
The Oyster bracelet is a perfect alchemy of form and function, aesthetics and technology. First introduced in the late 1930s, this particularly robust and comfortable metal bracelet with its broad, flat three-piece links remains the most universal bracelet in the Oyster collection.
- Parachrom hairspring
- pa • ra • chrom
- Rolex’s exclusive beating heart for mechanical movements, central to their precision.
- Made of a patented alloy of niobium, zirconium and oxygen, specially developed by Rolex for this strategic component.
- Insensitive to magnetic fields and temperature variations, and 10times more resilient to shocks than traditional hairsprings, making it more accurate and reliable.
- Entirely manufactured by Rolex with micron precision.
- Its signature blue colour is a tribute to watchmaking excellence.
- Tradition enhanced through cutting-edge innovation.
- The Rolex Way.
The Yacht-Master II
Consult detailed product information about this model anytime, anywhere, by downloading the e-Brochure to your personal computer or tablet device.